The Health Departments from Huron County, Lapeer County, Sanilac County and Tuscola County are participating in an Alliance in order to promote health, prevent disease and promote the environment within each of the respective jurisdictions and the region as a whole. This Alliance will afford more opportunities to write grants, achieve cost savings through bulk purchasing, share specialty services, and cost efficiencies. The Alliance allows us to work together to achieve efficiencies as a region but meet the unique needs of each community.
- Staff Orientation Resources and Processes
- Social Determinants of Health Coordination and Planning around Community Linkages, Community Health Information Exchanges, and Resident Empowerment.
- Regional Community Health Needs Assessment and Inclusion of the Voice or marginalized populations.
- CQI Training
- Strategic messaging campaigns around community needs and outreach for public health services.
MTPHA was instrumental in the formation of two additional collaborative organizations.
- The Thumb Community Health Partnership (TCHP) is a cross-sector health consortium that includes over 25 local health and human service organizations with the mission of providing an integrated approach to identify key issues and establish a coordinated response to regional community needs. Members are working together to address priority community health needs and address workforce challenges and needs. More info at thumbhealth.org
- The Thumb Opioid Response Consortium (TORC) includes 28 organizations and was formed to address opioid and substance use in the rural communities of the Thumb Region, by leveraging existing resources to enhance prevention, treatment, and recovery efforts. Organizations work together to increase awareness and combat the stigma of addiction. More info at www.PreventTreatRecovery.org